Do you love your food fried but you fear about your health? Do you love fried food but you don’t want too much oil in your food? Worry no more, air fryers just solved your food problems. You can enjoy your food but with less guilt by getting the best air fryer.
An air fryer is a revolutionized kitchen appliance used for cooking food with less oil. It’s an invention from Phillips that cooks food through the circulation of superheated air. I know you are wondering whether the food will have that deep fried taste. No, the food will not have that deep fried taste but it will come out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
The icing on the cake is that you use less oil. The food tastes great and it comes out healthier since you only use a tablespoon of oil.
The Best Air Fryer on The Market
|Air Fryer Name||Capacity||Rating||Price||Check|
|Philips Air fryer HD 9240||Check Price|
|Philips HD9230||Check Price|
|Philips HD9220||Check Price|
|Power XL||Check Price|
|GoWISE USA GW22621||Check Price|
|GoWISE USA GW22631||Check Price|
Top Air Fryer Reviews: The Features and Benefits
How Does an Air Fryer Work?
Deep-frying any type of food requires you to put it in hot oil. This is not the case with air fryers. With an air fryer, you use only a tablespoon of oil and you can be assured of less oily but well-cooked food.
The air fryer, rapid air technology cooks the food. The air circulates to high degrees of up to 200 C to cook (fry) foods like chips, fish, chicken, pastries and many others.
Air fried food will still have that browned and crisp feeling/taste but with less fat compared to other traditional methods of frying foods.
So, how does food get cooked using an air fryer?
The cooking chamber of the air fryer has a heating element from where heat radiates. This heating element is close to the food and that’s why the food cooks efficiently.
There’s an exhaust fan that’s located above the cooking chamber and it helps in providing the required airflow from the underside. This exhaust pipe allows the heated air to pass through the food and it also ensures every part of the food receives the same amount of heat.
An air fryer uses a fan and a grill that ensures the air fryer is able to blast hot air at high speeds thus achieving all the healthy qualities of the fried food. This is an innovative but a simple method of cooking.
An air fryer is like a rice cooker but it has a wide removable tray and the food cooks in a record 12 minutes.
The food is fried but it’s healthier compared to deep fried foods because it has fewer calories. The exhaust system of the air fryer controls the temperature that’s increased by the internal pressure and the extra air is emitted as needed thus cooking the food.
Before being released, the extra air is filtered ensuring a better environment. Air fryers are environment-friendly, user-friendly, and odorless .
The Cooling System
Each air fryer comes with its own cooling system that includes a fan mounted on a motor axis for better controlling the internal temperature.
This fan makes sure that the environment inside the air fryer is healthy and clean.
The cooling system also ensures that there’s constant fresh air passing through the filters and it proceeds to the bottom of the fryer. The fresh air passing from top to bottom ensures that air fryer’s internal parts are cool at all times.
Benefits of Air Frying
- An air fryer is quite an expense but when you look at its benefits, you realize you are getting value for your money. For starters, it cuts down on the time used to prepare and cook your food.
- It also cuts down on cleaning time. We all know cleaning is the least fun part after you have cooked and eaten. With an air fryer, it is a walk in the park. Cleaning an air fryer is easy; in fact, some of the best air fryers are dishwasher friendly.
- An air fryer is mostly used to fry foods with minimal or even no fat but it also offers other useful functions. With additional accessories, you might be able to bake a cake and/or grill your meat using the air fryer.
- With some automated air fryers, you can cook without worrying about the time or the temperature used to cook your food. These automated air fryers can automatically adjust the temperature and the timer to cook any food.
- The cooling system and the controlled temperature protects the air fryer ensuring there are no accidents.
- The food tastes better and it is healthier. This study found that oil uptake in foods cooked in an air fryer contained less oil making them healthier.
What Can You Cook With an Airfyer
There are many things that you can cook with an air fryer such as:
- French fries
Note: Amazon has several good air fryer recipe books that you can use to cook tasty and healthy foods.
Cooking Frozen Food With An Air Fryer
Air Fryer FAQs
1. Can an air fryer cook a variety of foods?
Yes, an air fryer can cook different food varieties. The best thing about cooking with an air fryer is that the food is healthy and it is also free from oil. You can cook meat, poultry, potatoes and French fries. You can also grill different veggies and bake brownies.
2. What is the input power range of an air fryer?
For the USA market, the input power range is 110v while for the European market, the input power range is 220v.
3. How much food can an air fryer hold (cook) at any single time?
The amount of food that an air fryer can hold at any single time depends on its capacity. Most fryers have a 500 grams capacity and it’s also easier to see the max mark on the air fryers basket. This makes that it is possible to fill the air fryer up to that mark. When buying the best air fryer, always check its capacity.
4. How much time does an air fryer take to cook frozen foods?
The best thing to do when cooking frozen foods with an air fryer is to use the knob according to the food that you are cooking. Frozen food takes time to cook compared to other/normal/room temperature foods.
5. Can one add more ingredients while food is cooking in the air fryer?
Yes, more ingredients can be used even as the food is cooking but make sure the ingredients are added immediately to prevent heat loss. Any heat loss means that the food will take some time to cook.
6. Is there a specific oil type required to use in an air fryer?
No, you do not need any special oil. You can use the normal oil you use to cook food in your house; peanut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil as well as butter spray.
7. Is it possible to use aluminum foil or baking paper in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use an aluminum foil or a baking paper in an air fryer. However, you need to make sure there is enough space for the steam to pass easily.
8. Does an air fryer make food tasty and crispy?
Yes, cooking food with an air fryer makes food crispy just like it happens with deep frying. One main reason why air fried food is tastier and crispier is that the outer turns crispy while the inside of the food turns soft.
9. Does one need to preheat the air fryer?
No, you do not need to preheat the air fryer. However, to speed up the cooking, you can preheat it for 4 minutes thus reducing the cooking time.
10. How many items can an air fryer cook at a go?
You can cook two different items in an air fryer but make sure you use the divider. By using the divider, you ensure less time is used in cooking and the food is properly cooked.
Now that you have all the information you need about air fryers, you should be on your computer shopping for the best air fryer. The above list of the best air fryer review should help you in choosing the one that suits your family’s needs. My best air fryer brand is Philips.